Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Wait, did you just say there's a drunk at The Julep Room?!"

My Mom and StepDad just moved to Ocean Springs, MS from Kenner, and while passing through town on my way back from a three day vacation in Gulf Shores, I visited with them and picked up a copy of local newspaper The Gazette. Now, I know David Letterman has already made fun of Ocean Springs for their uneventful and eccentric police blotter, but after seeing it for myself, I felt the need to revisit the topic. The reports are just too funny. I wonder if the people of Ocean Springs know how silly these sound to people who live in cities with crime problems. I guess it's relativity.

--A man reported his conpany cell phone lost.
--A threat was reported on the 3700 block of Cabildo Place
--A knife was found on the 100 block of Hickory Dr.
--A drunk was reported at The Julep Room
--A mental case was reported on the 400 block of Bills Ave.
--There was a report of littering on the 300 block of Trentwood Dr.
--There was a report of joyriding at 3109 Bienville Blvd.
--A paper delivery person reported that a person was lying under the truck in the driveway

No comments: