Saturday, April 14, 2007

Tin Men, Underrated Albums, and Electric Six


I was on the street Thursday, and a guy passing by stopped me and said he had friends in from out of town. He asked me where he should take them Friday night. I asked him if they had seen Rebirth before, hoping he would say yes. He said no, so I reluctantly told him to take them to Rebirth, knowing that that's the requisite first stop on any visitor's list. But, I really wanted to tell him to go see The Tin Men, because they have more of an eclectic New Orleans sound than most bands out there. What I mean is, "They sound exactly like New Orleans sounds in my head." The amount of genres they mix might be unparalleled locally.


UNDERRATED ALBUMS


Weezer--"Maldroit"
Ben Folds Five--"The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner"
Stephen Malkmus--"Face The Truth"


QUOTE I'M ENJOYING


"Mr. President make a little money, sending people you don't know to Iraq/Mr. President, I don't like you, you don't know how to rock"--Electric Six, "Rock and Roll Evacuation"

No comments: