Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Cry For Help

I have only myself to blame. In the hopes of maybe hearing some Rage, Tool, Nirvana, or Pearl Jam, I tune in to 104.1. Instead I hear crap like Godsmack, specifically "Voodoo," which has lyrics like "I'm not the one who's so far away/When I fell the snake bite enter my veins." I've gotten angry at a lot of ridiculously banal nu metal lyrics, but for some reason, these really set me off. What the hell is he talking about? He sounds like a third grader who doesn't have the proper vocabulary to express a feeling of numbness or detachment. Instead, the third grader just says "far away." Not to mention that song is terrible. Lord, keep my testosterone in check and allow me no need to turn to 104.1. Please keep my dial on 91.5, 90.7 or 870 AM. Amen.

No comments: