Sunday, May 20, 2007

Stinking Lizaveta, FabChannel.com, and Concert.Tv


Every once and a while, I come upon a band that has cut up my favorite music, re-arranged it, and offered it back to me in a different package. It's music that existed in my mind before I even knew it was there. Stinking Lizaveta plays such music. They call themselves "doom jazz," a moniker that warms my heart. Yes, what I've been waiting for, someone to bring together doom metal and freakout jazz. The instrumental band is a ten year-old trio of guitar, bass, and drums that are just as likely to sludge out and riff away Van Halen style as they are to deconstruct themselves into dreamy, boundless excursions. Click on the title link to go to fabchannel.com, where you can watch a scarily recent concert of theirs. Also visit concert.tv for more concerts.

No comments: