Monday, May 28, 2007

What is that? INXS sucks? No, you suck!


The point I'm about to make sounded so much better in my head a couple hours ago. I've lost the fat, and I'm down to the tasty morsel, if it is even that. I rediscovered INXS today, and I found out that I like them. I wouldn't have thought this yesterday, but it's true. I converted my head--my mean, snobby head. I showed my head that it's not important anymore whether I was supposed to like INXS or not when I was in high school. It's not important whether I thought they were a crappy dance band with no substance or grit. And, sure, INXS is pretty glossed over, but today I found that they write hella good pop rock songs. And a touching ballad, here and there. And that's all that matters. I have hopefully conquered all those that would "p-shaw!" at me if I told them I like INXS. I move onto the next band that I've programmed myself not to like, hoping to remove even more of the discriminatory black from my heart.

No comments: